Bienvenue (chargement en cours - javascript nécessaire)

Agenda
20 et 21 avril 2024
Foire aux plantes du château de la Ferté (Saint-Ambreuil, 71, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps aux Jardins (Aiffres, 79, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps du Bourgailh (Pessac, 33, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Courtanvaux côté jardin (Bessé sur Braye, 72, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
JardiPlantes (Garlan, 29, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Marché aux Fleurs - La Baule (La Baule-Escoublac, 44, France)
J'y vais
Toutes les dates

does anyone know?

English forum - Posted by Corina 
does anyone know?
September 05, 2005 09:04PM
This is the first time my Echinopsis Eryeisii blossoms. Someone tols me it also makes fruits. Does anyone know ife teh fruits are eatable?
Pete
Re: does anyone know?
September 07, 2005 03:05AM
No cactus fruits are toxic, if that is what you mean. Some are dry and spiney though. Echinopsis fruits are generally bland, but I don't think I've ever eaten E. eryeisii, so I can't say what they taste like. My favorites are M. camptotricha (lemon-lime flavor when ripe) and the other Mamms. Most of them are berry tasting. Some of the Rhipsalis are also good, but they take a long time to ripen. I ate Myrtillocactus fruit when in New Mexico, they were tart but good eating. The fruits of Hylocereus are reknowned for their flavor, but I never ate any of those either.
September 10, 2005 04:39PM
Thanks a lot. I will keep in mind not to eat any.. sourire
May 10, 2007 10:10PM
If you live in southern california you must eat cactus...what they sale in store also call nopal. Well only if you wants to survive; Make a shake,out of it, add water to the mix,and some orange juice. Note: If you are not allergic, to it. In the morning before breakfast.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attention : votre message doit respecter la charte du forum du CF.

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • No file can be larger than 250 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 1.22 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.