Bienvenue (chargement en cours - javascript nécessaire)

Agenda
26, 27 et 28 avril 2024
Fête des plantes, Saint-Jean de Beauregard (Saint-Jean de Beauregard, 91, France)
J'y vais
27 et 28 avril 2024
Marché aux fleurs de Fourcès (Fourcès, 32, France)
J'y vais
27 et 28 avril 2024
Tauzia fête les jardins (Gradignan, 33, France)
J'y vais
27 et 28 avril 2024
Chloroph' îles (Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, 44, France)
J'y vais
27 et 28 avril 2024
Fête des fleurs et des saveurs (Soissons) (Soissons, 02, France)
J'y vais
27 et 28 avril 2024
Journées des plantes à Pupetières (Pupetières, 38, France)
J'y vais
Toutes les dates

HELP!!!!

English forum - Posted by Janick 
HELP!!!!
March 15, 2006 08:40PM
Hello,

I need your assistance; my cactus is sick! I was outside the house during 2 weeks and, on my return, my old friend was sick (He is 15 years old!)!

First, here is hes description : Column-like cactus 2,5 m in height with 7 right coasts (approximately, it resembles tall and large phallus!?!) He never made flowers but has some growths growing on him. On those growths roots are seen.
The problem: The base seems very dry and the coasts are breakable. The top seems too wet, rotted... It is green rather dark with tasks brown reddish.

I am very anxious... Which would be the best thing to do to help him?

thank you, Janick
Re: HELP!!!!
March 16, 2006 02:26AM
Good evening! I would cut off the rotten part as soon as possible. Let the wound where you cut dry. If you are successful in saving your cactus, eventually growth will start again. What was the temperature while you were away? Perhaps it was too cold for your plant. I wish you the best of luck in saving your old friend. Francis
March 16, 2006 04:26PM
Dear francis,

This morning my frind was all dry... the perts that seemed rotten are know dryed and breaking... Should i give him water of is this to late....

I guest the temperature was normale during i was away because my roomate was here! He told me he did'tn give him more water!!"

thank you for your help!
Janick
March 16, 2006 05:03PM
No rot is good news! If the temperature was normal, how long had it been since you last watered it? If you are afraid to water your "friend", try mising it. Good luck! Excuse me for not writing in French but I'm pressed for time and this is quicker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attention : votre message doit respecter la charte du forum du CF.

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • No file can be larger than 250 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 1.22 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.