Bienvenue (chargement en cours - javascript nécessaire)

Agenda
20 et 21 avril 2024
Foire aux plantes du château de la Ferté (Saint-Ambreuil, 71, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps aux Jardins (Aiffres, 79, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps du Bourgailh (Pessac, 33, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Courtanvaux côté jardin (Bessé sur Braye, 72, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
JardiPlantes (Garlan, 29, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Marché aux Fleurs - La Baule (La Baule-Escoublac, 44, France)
J'y vais
Toutes les dates

barrel cactus had red babies

English forum - Posted by MattJuggalotus 
barrel cactus had red babies
September 10, 2009 06:37AM
i have this barrel cactus and it make a flower that made a red fruit and it turnes to a baby cactus and it stayed red i also have another cactus baby that popped off the side and the bottom half is red does any one know why it did this
MattJuggalotus
Re: barrel cactus had red babies
September 10, 2009 06:40AM
here a pic of one the ants ate this one but i still have the other one that is half red

Fiche de membre Fiche de membre
September 17, 2009 02:40AM
Hi Matt. This isn't a flower at all, but a new plant. This sometimes happens in some species, usually if the apex is damaged or if the plant has some other kind of damage, like from spider mites. The red color is generally temporary until the new plant gets some sun (it also happens if the plant is in too much sun). A wide angle shot of your plant would tell the genus, maybe even the species. It looks like a Notocactus of some sort.
Fiche de membre Fiche de membre
November 18, 2009 06:01AM
Hi Mattt and Peter. This plant first gives a large flower which turns into red coloured fruit. But as Peter said this is not a fruit but an off shot of the plant which eventually grows into a branch after some time. I dont know the name but I will give you larger photo of my of plant with the same fruit ( which will turn into a branch)
Shahid
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attention : votre message doit respecter la charte du forum du CF.

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • No file can be larger than 250 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 1.22 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.