Bienvenue (chargement en cours - javascript nécessaire)

Agenda
20 et 21 avril 2024
Foire aux plantes du château de la Ferté (Saint-Ambreuil, 71, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps aux Jardins (Aiffres, 79, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Printemps du Bourgailh (Pessac, 33, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Courtanvaux côté jardin (Bessé sur Braye, 72, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
JardiPlantes (Garlan, 29, France)
J'y vais
20 et 21 avril 2024
Marché aux Fleurs - La Baule (La Baule-Escoublac, 44, France)
J'y vais
Toutes les dates

Best grower in France/Europe- P. Batigne

English forum - Posted by jesuistresstupide 
I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows Pierre Batigne? I have probably watched about 100 of his videos on youtube since the spring and I'm convinced he has one of the best private collections in the world!!!!

What fascinates me is his 'old fashioned' form of cultivation. I believe he uses 1 part sand: 1 part garden soil (rich looking): 1 part compost.

I find that amazing since it is the exact opposite sort of substrate that is used in the USA!!!! Yet his results are superior to those of other serious collectors.

Does anyone know any more details about his cultivation? My knowledge of the French language is very limited and I can only get so much from his videos.
Fiche de membre Fiche de membre
Re: Best grower in France/Europe- P. Batigne
February 03, 2017 06:35PM
Pierre BATIGNE is the president of the association called '' AFACSX '' ( whose I am a member ).
I don't know a lot of things about him, but I can say he really like melocactus. Me too I'm very fanatic of his plentiful videos ! I have Watch all of this videos at least two or three time !
He's very experienced and knows a lot of informations about cacti.
You can contact him on his mail adress ( write in his videos ), but he don't speack English.

Vassya, 43 ( Haute-Loire )
[www.facebook.com]
Adhérent ARIDES 1010
Merci! I believe I will write him a google translated letter. You should visit him and report back on his growing methods!!!
April 18, 2017 10:31AM
I visit him in next week ! I want to know more informations about his methods sourire

Vassya, 43 ( Haute-Loire )
[www.facebook.com]
Adhérent ARIDES 1010
September 05, 2018 09:30AM
Hi,

I am aware that this is an old post.
But, I am curious to know the typical substrate used in the USA for growing cactus as you said that it is very different from what Pierre Batigne uses (which is the typical method here) ?

Thanks a lot

Arnaud
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attention : votre message doit respecter la charte du forum du CF.

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, png, jpeg
  • No file can be larger than 250 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 1.22 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.